Merits Field is a noble project of the Phil Nedo Foundation in Trece Martires, Cavite. Merits Field shall be a holy place which will contain spiritual monuments for the Buddha – the main Lhabab Chorten, 8 types of Buddha stupa and a Buddhist Retreat Center.
The objective of Merits Field is to provide a sacred, safe and auspicious space for people of all walks of life to:
- Connect to their Buddha nature (which is present in all beings);
- Generate merits (positive deeds);
- Purify negativities;
- Start the process of being liberated from suffering;
- Finally to attain perfect enlightenment.
Generation of merits may include activities such as:
- Offering of prayers for all beings;
- Attending spiritual retreats and services.
Activities to purify karmic stains may include:
- Circumambulation of the Stupa;
- Prostration to release negativities of body, speech and mind;
- Chanting of Buddhist sacred mantras.
Some benefits of a stupa are:
- Protection from all forms of danger;
- Liberation from mental suffering and development of inner peace;
- Development of virtues of loving-kindness, compassion and wisdom.